It is very much evident that today’s business environment demands insightful strategies to get the job done fast with minimal resources whether your field is IT, Retail, Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction, Entertainment, or finance. Young professionals are required to get their job done on time. Today, intelligence and hard work go hand in hand what we call as smart work. So if anyone out there needs to improve your project management skills, you have an opportunity coming on your way. A program will be conducted on 22, 23 and 24 August 2009 that focuses on increasing project management skills; timing – 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM and venue -Taj Gateway Hotel, Marine Drive, Kochi.
PM distilled Premium Project Management Workshop is a 3day course. In the workplace, skilled individuals are taken to plan and execute projects successfully. The course explains in detail project management concepts and principles using lecture and discussions. This course is 100% compliant with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) current Project Management Body of Knowledge. This course is designed for project managers who desire to increase their project management skills, apply a standards based approach to project management and apply for Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI®) Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification. For instance, if you’re a manager who needs to replenish your supply of practical skills to do more with less, this program is for you. An integrated case study will provide students with a firsthand opportunity to practice the theories and concepts discussed in the classroom throughout the course. After successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Initiate a project.
- Plan project work.
- Develop project schedules, cost estimates, and budgets.
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Analyze project risks.
- Plan project procurement.
- Execute project work.
- Monitor and control project work.
- Monitor and control project schedule & costs.
- Monitor and control project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Monitor and control project risks and contracts.
- Close the project.
First complete the Project Management Essentials Module on www.pmrinstitute.com or have equivalent knowledge on:
- Difference between projects and operations
- Program and portfolio management
- Project selection methods
- Project initiation
- Project charter
- Introduction to critical path
- Introduction to earned value management
Training involves a three-phased approach
Phase 1 – PM essentials
In phase 1, participants are required to complete the Project Management essentials online learning program. Every participant of the PM Face2Face module must complete the PMP essentials module, before starting the PMP Face2Face module. The main objective is to introduce the participants to the basics of project management and key project management definitions. For successful completion of the program, the participants are required to spend approximately 8 hours. Then they are required to take an online test and submit their tests for evaluation. These tests will be reviewed by the instructor, online.
Phase 2 – PM Face2Face
In phase 2, participants are taken through the complete course curriculum of 27 hours project management workshop. This module covers the project phases of initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, also covers entire set of processes as defined in the PMBOK. At the end of this workshop, participants will be abreast with the project management best practices from a practitioner’s perspective as well as from the PMP exam readiness perspective.
Phase 3 – PMP Exam Readiness
The participants are given access to a PMP exam simulator for 90 days so that they can practice the test online. This is done through PMP Exam Readiness module. This is the e-learning laboratory, where you really try out, what you learned in the Face2Face module. When you take these tests, automatically you undergo the horizontal pass. At the end of every test, you are provided with your answer, the correct answer and the justification.
The course curriculum is built around the following themes
Initiating a Project
- Apply Project Management Processes
- Create a Project Charter
- Develop a Draft Project Scope Statement
Planning Project Work
- Develop a Project Management Plan
- Create a Scope Management Plan
- Create a Scope Statement
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
Developing Project Schedules, Cost Estimates, and Budgets
- Create an Activity List
- Create a Project Network Diagram
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Identify the Critical Path
- Develop a Project Schedule
- Estimate Project Costs
- Establish a Cost Baseline
Planning Project Quality, Staffing, and Communications
- Create a Quality Management Plan
- Document Roles, Responsibilities, and Reporting Relationships
- Acquire Project Team
- Create Communications Management Plan
Analyzing Risks and Planning Risk Response
- Create a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Project Risks and Triggers
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
Planning Project Procurement
- Prepare a Contract Statement of Work
- Prepare a Procurement Document
Executing Project Work
- Project Plan Execution
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Develop the Project Team
- Distribute Project Information
- Request Seller Responses
- Select Sellers
Monitoring and Controlling Project Work
- Control and Monitor Project Work
- Manage Changes to Performance
- Review Deliverables and Work Results
- Control Project Scope
Monitoring and Controlling Project Schedules and Costs
- Control the Project Schedule
- Control Project Costs
Monitoring and Controlling Project Quality, Staffing, and Communications
- Perform Quality Control
- Manage Project Team
- Report Project Performance
- Manage Stakeholders
Monitoring and Controlling Project Risk and Contracts
- Monitor and Control Project Risk
- Administer a Contract
Closing the Project
- Close a Project
- Close a Contract
For registration, payment methods, and any other information, contact:
P.O. Box 15 Varapuzha PO
T: +91 484 2516458
M: +91 9745003819
401, Ansal forte,
16/2A, Hosur road,